All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 2nd edition of An Introduction to Climate Change Ecomics and Policy explains the key scientific, ecomic and policy issues related to climate change in a completely up-to-date introduction for anyone interested, and students at all levels in various related courses, including environmental ecomics, international development, geography, politics and international relations. FitzRoy and Papyrakis highlight how ecomists and policymakers often misunderstand the science of climate change, underestimate the growing threat to future civilization and survival and exaggerate the costs of radical measures needed to stabilize the climate. In contrast, they show how direct and indirect costs of fossil fuels - particularly the huge health costs of local pollution - actually exceed the investment needed for transition to an almost zero carbon ecomy in two or three decades using available techlogy.
- Author BiographyFelix R. FitzRoy is Professor Emeritus of Economics in the School of Economics and Finance at the University of St. Andrews in the UK. Elissaios Papyrakis is a Senior Lecturer in Economics at the International Institute of Social Studies of the Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands and in the School of International Development of the University of East Anglia in the UK.
- Author(s)Elissaios Papyrakis,Felix R. FitzRoy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Textbooks in Environmental and Agricultural Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight392 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.