An Introduction to Coastal Zone Management by Timothy Beatley, Anna K. Schwab, David J. Brower (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $66.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a comprehensive overview of coastal planning and management issues for students and professionals in the field. Since publication of the first edition in 1994, population growth and increasing development pressures on our coasts have made the need for forward-looking, creative and sustainable visions for the future even greater. This revised edition includes: significantly updated data and statistics including discussions of population and growth trends, federal and state coastal expenditures, disaster assistance expenditures and damage levels from hurricane and coastal storms; updated legislative and programmatic material, including the Stafford Act and mitigation assistance programmes, and changes in the Coastal Zone Management Act; expanded coverage of physical and biological attributes and conditions of the coastal zone; expanded and updated discussions of invative local coastal management; and new chapters on creative coastal design and development and lessons from coastal programmes in other countries. An Introduction to Coastal Zone Management addresses the serious coastal trends and pressures in the US, assesses the current policy and planning framework, and puts forth a vision for future management and sustainable coastal planning. It is an important resource for undergraduate and graduate students of coastal planning as well as for local and state officials, residents of coastal communities, environmental advocates, developers and others concerned with coastal issues.
- Author BiographyTimothy Beatley is professor in the Department of Urban and Environmental Planning at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia. His books include Green Urbanism (Island Press, 2000), The Ecology of Place (Island Press, 1997) and Habitat Conservation Planning (University of Texas Press, 1994). David J. Brower is research professor in the Department of City and Regional Planning at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and co-author of Catastrophic Coastal Storms (Duke University Press, 1989) and co-editor of Understanding Growth Management (Urban Land Institute, 1989). Anna K. Schwab is research associate at the Department of City and Regional Planning at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)Anna K. Schwab,David J. Brower,Timothy Beatley
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Notetables, figures, photographs, maps, index
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.