All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunity nursing is the fastest growing area of nursing practice in Australia. This book offers an engaging introduction to the theory, skills and application of community and primary health care. Based on the 'Social Model of Health', An Introduction to Community and Primary Health Care explores how social and environmental factors impact healthcare in Australian communities. It discusses the principles of health and mental health promotion, the importance of cultural competence and the practice of community needs assessment. The book is divided into three parts - theory, skills and health professionals in practice. This latter section is unique to this book and encourages students to consider how various nursing roles address issues of social justice, equality and access. Readable and highly practical, An Introduction to Community and Primary Health Care equips students with the theory, skills and understanding they will need as community and primary healthcare professionals working across Australia.
- Author BiographyDiana Guzys is Lecturer in the Faculty of Health Sciences at La Trobe University. Eileen Petrie is Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Health at the University of Canberra.
- Author(s)Diana Guzys,Eileen Petrie
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 colour illus.
- Weight800 g
- Width190 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.