All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of the modern classic Zweigert & Kotz's Introduction to Comparative Law is fully revised and updated, but its familiar structure and easy style remain the same. The book first discusses the nature of Comparative Law, its functions, aims, methods and history, and then it surveys the main features of the major legal families of the world. In the second part it provides a model of comparative law in action, comparing, contrasting and evaluating the different approaches and solutions of the major legal systems. As well as offering an excellent grounding in comparative private law, this book is an essential base for further research.
- Author BiographyHein Kotz is Director of the Max-Planck Institute for Foreign and International Private Law in Hamburg, he is also sometime Goodhart Professor of Law at Cambridge University and occasional professor at many Universities, including Chicago and Tel Aviv. Konrad Zweigert is the Late Director of the Max-Planck Institute. Tony Weir is a Fellow of Trinity College and Reader in Law in the University of Cambridge. He has translated a large number of legal texts into English to considerable acclaim.
- Author(s)Hein Kotz,Konrad Zweigert
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/1998
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight1122 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Translated byTony Weir
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.