An Introduction to Contemporary International Law: A Policy-Oriented Perspective by Lung-Chu Chen (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $125.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Contemporary International Law: A Policy-Oriented Perspective introduces the reader to all major aspects of contemporary international law. It applies the highly acclaimed approach developed by the New Haven School of International Law, viewing international law as an ongoing process of decision-making through which the members of the world community identify, clarify, and secure their common interests. Unlike conventional works in international law, this work is organized and structured in terms of the process of decision making in the international arena, and references both classic historical examples and contemporary events to illustrate international legal processes and principles. Using contemporary examples, this Third Edition builds on previous editions by contextualizing and dramatizing these changes with reference to seven features that characterize the New Haven School approach to international law: participants, perspectives, arenas of decision, bases of power, strategies, outcomes, and effects. This new edition highlights the major developments in international law since 2000, including the right to self-determination, the expanding scope of international concern and the duty of states to protect human rights, the trend towards greater accountability for states and individual decision-makers under international law, and the vital role individual responsibility plays in the emerging field of international criminal law. It provides a new generation of students with the interest and the intellectual tools needed to participate as responsible members of a world community premised on the tion of human dignity for all people.
- Author BiographyLung-chu Chen is an internationally recognized scholar and Professor of Law at New York Law School, specializing in the areas of international law, U.S. constitutional law, conflict of laws, human rights, and the United Nations. He previously served as Senior Research Associate and Senior Research Scholar at Yale Law School. Professor Chen has worked with a variety of government agencies, non-profit groups, and private firms throughout his distinguished career. He is Chairman of the Taiwan New Century Foundation, President of the New Century Institute (New York), and Honorary President of the Taiwan United Nations Alliance (TAIUNA). He is a former President of the Taiwanese Society of International Law, and a former national policy advisor to the president of Taiwan. He served on the Executive Council of the American Society of International Law and as Vice President and member of the Governing Council of the International League for Human Rights. He has served as Chairman of the Association of American Law Schools Section on International Law, and President of the North America Taiwanese Professors' Association (NATPA).
- Author(s)Lung-Chu Chen
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight954 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.80Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $78.97Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.