All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis best-selling textbook presents the concepts of continuum mechanics in a simple yet rigorous manner. It introduces the invariant form as well as the component form of the basic equations and their applications to problems in elasticity, fluid mechanics and heat transfer, and offers a brief introduction to linear viscoelasticity. The book is ideal for advanced undergraduates and graduate students looking to gain a strong background in the basic principles common to all major engineering fields, and for those who will pursue further work in fluid dynamics, elasticity, plates and shells, viscoelasticity, plasticity, and interdisciplinary areas such as geomechanics, biomechanics, mechabiology and nascience. The book features derivations of the basic equations of mechanics in invariant (vector and tensor) form and specification of the governing equations to various co-ordinate systems, and numerous illustrative examples, chapter summaries and exercise problems. This second edition includes additional explanations, examples and problems.
- Author BiographyJ. N. Reddy is a University Distinguished Professor, Regents Professor and Oscar S. Wyatt Endowed Chair in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. He is internationally known for his contributions to theoretical and applied mechanics and computational mechanics. He is the author of more than 450 journal papers and 17 books. Dr Reddy is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Worcester Reed Warner Medal and the Charles Russ Richards Memorial Award of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, the 1997 Archie Higdon Distinguished Educator Award from the American Society of Engineering Education, the 1998 Nathan M. Newmark Medal from the American Society of Civil Engineers, the 2000 Excellence in the Field of Composites from the American Society of Composites, the 2003 Bush Excellence Award for Faculty in International Research from Texas A&M University and the 2003 Computational Solid Mechanics Award from the US Association of Computational Mechanics. Dr Reddy is a Fellow of AIAA, ASCE, ASME, the American Academy of Mechanics, the American Society of Composites, the US Association of Computational Mechanics, the International Association of Computational Mechanics and the Aeronautical Society of India. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, the International Journal of Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics and the International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics. He also serves on the editorial boards of over two dozen other journals, including the International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering and the International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics. Dr Reddy is one of the selective researchers in engineering recognized by ISI Highly Cited Researchers with 10,000-plus citations with an H-index of more than fifty.
- Author(s)J. N. Reddy
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/07/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note216 b/w illus. 9 tables 357 exercises
- Weight1000 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.