An Introduction to Design Patterns in C++ with Qt by Alan Ezust, Paul Ezust (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.39+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster C++ The Qt Way with Modern Design Patterns and Efficient Reuse This fully updated, classroom-tested book teaches C++ The Qt Way, emphasizing design patterns and efficient reuse. Readers will master both the C++ language and Qt libraries, as they learn to develop maintainable software with well-defined code layers and simple, reusable classes and functions. Every chapter of this edition has been improved with new content, better organization, or both. Readers will find extensively revised coverage of QObjects, Reflection, Widgets, Main Windows, Models and Views, Databases, Multi-Threaded Programming, and Reflection. This edition introduces the powerful new Qt Creator IDE; presents new multimedia APIs; and offers extended coverage of Qt Designer and C++ Integration. It has been restructured to help readers start writing software immediately and write robust, effective software sooner. The authors introduce several new design patterns, add many quiz questions and labs, and present more efficient solutions relying on new Qt features and best practices. They also provide an up-to-date C++ reference section and a complete application case study. * Master C++ keywords, literals, identifiers, declarations, types, and type conversions. * Understand classes and objects, organize them, and describe their interrelationships. * Learn consistent programming style and naming rules. * Use lists, functions, and other essential techniques. * Define inheritance relationships to share code and promote reuse. * Learn how code libraries are designed, built, and reused. * Work with QObject, the base class underlying much of Qt. * Build graphical user interfaces with Qt widgets. * Use templates to write generic functions and classes. * Master advanced reflective programming techniques. * Use the Model-View framework to cleanly separate data and GUI classes. * Validate input using regular expressions and other techniques. * Parse XML data with SAX, DOM, and QXmlStreamReader. * Master today's most valuable creational and structural design patterns. * Create, use, monitor, and debug processes and threads. * Access databases with Qt's SQL classes. * Manage memory reliably and efficiently. * Understand how to effectively manage QThreads and use QtConcurrent algorithms. Click here to obtain supplementary materials for this book.
- Author BiographyAlan Ezust received his M.Sc in computer science from McGill University in Montreal. He currently works as a Nokia Certifi ed Qt Specialist for ICS (www.ics.com), a company that specializes in delivering training and professional services onQt software. He honed his teaching and courseware development skills at Learnix, and later at Objectivity, where he taught and/or wrote courses in Python, UNIX, C, C++, Java, Perl, Design Patterns, Froglogic Squish, and Object Oriented Databases. He lives in Victoria, BC, Canada. Paul Ezust (Cambridge, Massachusetts) chaired Suffolk University's Department of Mathematics and Computer Science for more than 30 years, leading development of computer science curricula based on Association for Computing Machinery guidelines. He has done extensive outside consulting, contract programming, and research in computational mathematics.
- Author(s)Alan Ezust,Paul Ezust
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteill
- Weight1358 g
- Width182 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.