All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is much more than a simple 'introduction' to practice development; it provides an in-depth analysis of the governance challenges and should be read by all staff and indeed senior managers tasked with such onerous responsibilities. Journal of Interprofessional Care I recommend it to all members of the multidisciplinary team in any clinical environment, whether or t there is a practice development presence. The book is well referenced, with useful diagrams and signposts for further reading. This complete read includes the application of practice development, how to measure success, and public and patient expectations. It also addresses litigation, changing cultures and how to motivate others. Nursing Standard Rob McSherry and Jerry Warr provide essential information on practice development in this excellent book. It is well referenced, and includes many useful diagrams and signposts to encourage further reading. Nursing Management The first in a new series, this introductory text outlines what is meant by excellence in practice and explores the core contemporary issues used to illustrate excellence, including evidence-based practice, clinical governance, and health and social care standards. McSherry and Warr offer simple and effective tools and techniques to support the development of excellence in practice. The book also provides guidance to support the individual, team and organisation in achieving excellence in practice. All topics covered are key to the Quality and Modernisation Agendas, and the book includes coverage on: Reshaping healthcare delivery Clinical governance Responsibility and accountability Implementing government targets and National Service Frameworks Public confidence Partnerships and collaborative working Equality and diversity Automy Recruitment and retentionReal life practical examples and reflective exercises are used throughout to help the reader explore what excellence means in their everyday practice, as well as enforce the theory needed to inform delivery of excellence. An Introduction to Excellence in Practice Development in Health and Social Care is key reading for nurses and health and social care professionals, both in training and in practice.
- Author BiographyRob McSherry is Principal Lecturer in Practice Development at the University of Teesside, UK. Jerry Warr is Reader in Practice Development at Bournemouth University, UK.
- Author(s)Jerry Warr,Robert McSherry
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight241 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $44.85Trending at AU $48.42
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $23.05Trending at AU $25.88
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.