All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of An Introduction to Family Therapy provides an overview of the core concepts informing family therapy and systemic practice, covering the development of this invative field from the 1950s to the present day. The book considers both British and International perspectives and includes the latest developments in current practice, regulation and invation, looking at these developments within a wider political, cultural and geographical context. The third edition also contains: A new chapter on couple therapy A new chapter on practice development up to 2009 Sections highlighting the importance of multi-disciplinary practice in health and welfareLists of key texts and diagrams, suggested reading organized by topic, and practical examples and exercises are also used in order to encourage the reader to explore and experiment with the ideas in their own practice. This book is key reading for students and practitioners of family therapy and systemic practice as well as those from the fields of counselling, psychology, social work and the helping professions who deal with family issues.
- Author BiographyRudi Dallos is Programme Director and Professor in Clinical Psychology on the Plymouth University doctoral training course in clinical psychology. He is also a consultant clinical psychologist and teaches on several family therapy training courses. He has published a number books with Open University Press including, Researching Psychotherapy and Counselling (2005, co-written with Arlene Vetere), Attachment Narrative Therapy (2006) and Reflective Practice in Psychotherapy and Counselling (2009, co-edited with Jacqui Stedmon). Ros Draper is a therapist, teacher and supervisor who has made major contributions to the development of family therapy in Britain over the last thirty years. When Senior Clinical Lecturer at the Tavistock Clinic, London and working at the Institute of Family Therapy, London, she developed her practice in both adult and child psychiatric settings. Ros was chair for the Institute of Family Therapy and Birkbeck College, University of London MSc in a Systemic Approach to Management, Coaching and Consultation, and currently has a private practice in Hampshire and London.
- Author(s)Rosalind Draper,Rudi Dallos
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width172 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.