All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author extensively details, analyses and compares key concepts and strategies of fictional worlds theory: a theory which has, over recent years, developed rather rapidly and is connected with leading scholars in the area of literary studies, such as Lubomir Dolezel, Umberto Eco, Thomas Pavel, Ruth Ronen, and Marie-Laure Ryan. The book focuses on theoretical suggestions from which the fictional worlds theory borrows its main ideas, that is, logic, semantics, and linguistics. It also examines areas of literary theoretical investigation, in which the fictional world theory has proven itself to be a significant tool for conducting more detailed research, namely intertextuality, fictional and historical narration.
- Author BiographyBohumil Fort is an associate professor at Masaryk University in Brno and a senior researcher at the Czech Academy of Sciences. His fields of interest are literary theory, semantics, narratology, and fictional worlds theory.
- Author(s)Bohumil Fort
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleLiterary & Cultural Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight250 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.