All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an overview of key elements of the hospital - its structure, administration, and its functioning. Students and new clinicians may be so focused on mastering specific clinical skills that they have little time to observe or question the whole process of care. This book looks beyond acute disease to the environment of care, how it works, how it doesn't work, and how it might improve. Issues discussed include understanding and communicating with families, the basics of hospital finance, how dangerous hospitalization can be to the elderly, and how to minimize errors. Medical students and residents, advanced practice nurses, and physician's assistants, are among the many potential readers for this book.
- Author BiographyJanice B. Foust, PhD, RN, is Assistant Professor of Nursing at the University of New Hampshire. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of New Hampshire, a Master of Science degree from Boston College, and a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Prior clinical positions include Clinical Director of Nursing Practice at the University of Pennsylvania Health System and Clinical Nurse Specialist and Primary Nurse at Beth Israel Hospital. Dr. Foust has also been an Assistant Professor at Temple University, teaching in the graduate and undergraduate nursing programs. Her research interests are focused on discharge planning and transitional care of older adults.||Saeid Mirafzali, MD, MHSA, is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. He completed an internal medicine residency at Henry Ford Hospital and a Master's in Health Services Administration at the University of Michigan School of Public Health in Ann Arbor. He has served as a member of the faculty at the Henry Ford Hospital and as Director of the Inpatient Medical Division, where he directed the hospitalist program. Dr. Mirafzali is presently Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He also serves as the Director of General Internal Medicine Hospitalist Services and as Assistant Chair for Inpatient Operations for the Department of Internal Medicine at the Cornell Campus of the New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- Author(s)Janice Foust,Saeid Mirafzali
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2003
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight493 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.