All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionService design has established itself as a practice that enables industries to design and deliver their services with a human-centred approach. It creates a contextual and cultural understanding that offers opportunities for new service solutions, improving the user experience and customer satisfaction. With contributions from leading names in the field of service design from both academia and international, professional practice, An Introduction to Industrial Service Design is engaging yet practical and accessible. Case studies from leading companies such as ABB, Autodesk, Kone and Volkswagen enable readers to connect academic research with practical company applications, helping them to understand the basic processes and essential concepts. This book illustrates the role of the service designer in an industrial company, and highlights t only the value of customer experience, but also the value of employee experience in creating competitive services and value propositions. This human-centred approach brings about new invations. This book will be of benefit to engineers, designers, businesses and communication experts working in industry, as well as to students who are interested in service development.
- Author BiographySatu Miettinen is a Professor at the University of Lapland, Finland. She has been a Visiting Professor at the Centre for Design Research, Stanford University, USA, School for Design and Innovation, Tongji University, China, and the Centre for Aesthetics in Practice, Trento University, Italy. Satu has been working in service design research for several years and has authored a number of books, including Designing Services with Innovative Methods.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white halftones
- Weight392 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited bySatu Miettinen
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.