Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis lively and wide-ranging textbook provides an invaluable guide to the very nature of language. By covering all major aspects of linguistics - with chapters on semantics (the study of meaning), phology (the sound systems of languages) and morphology (the structure of words), as well as syntax and social variation - it gives a thorough grounding in the fundamental concepts of language and a practical analysis of its use. Concise summaries of the areas covered, a variety of texts and topic-related exercises, as well as a helpful glossary, provide further aids to study and revision.
- Author BiographySTUART C. POOLE is co-ordinator of the language programme at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Edinburgh. He teaches linguistics and Swedish and has published a textbook for Catalan. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Linguists and served for some years as chairman of its Scottish Society.
- Author(s)Stuart C. Poole
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/02/1999
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight291 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.