All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic beginner's guide to English literature, Mario Klarer offers a concise and accessible discussion of central issues in the study of literary texts, looking at: * definitions of key terms such as literature and text * the genres of fiction, poetry, drama, and film * periods and classifications of literature * theoretical approaches to texts * the use of secondary resources * guidelines for writing research essays The new and expanded edition is fully updated to include: * a wider range of textual examples from world literature * additional references to contemporary cinema, a section on comparative literature * an extended survey of literary periods and genres * recent changes in MLA guidelines * information on state-of-the-art citation management software * the use and abuse of online resources. The book also features suggestions for further reading as well as an extensive glossary of key terms.
- Author BiographyMario Klarer is Professor of English at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. He is Vice president of the Austrian Association for American Studies.
- Author(s)Mario Klarer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.