All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic beginner's guide to English literature, Mario Klarer offers a concise and accessible discussion of central issues in the study of literary texts, looking at: * definitions of key terms such as literature and text * the genres of fiction, poetry, drama, and film * periods and classifications of literature * theoretical approaches to texts * the use of secondary resources * guidelines for writing research essays The new and expanded edition is fully updated to include: * a wider range of textual examples from world literature * additional references to contemporary cinema, a section on comparative literature * an extended survey of literary periods and genres * recent changes in MLA guidelines * information on state-of-the-art citation management software * the use and abuse of online resources. The book also features suggestions for further reading as well as an extensive glossary of key terms.
- Author BiographyMario Klarer is Professor of English at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. He is Vice president of the Austrian Association for American Studies.
- Author(s)Mario Klarer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.