All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important new book introduces students to the fundamental ideas of heterodox ecomics, presented in a clear and accessible way by top heterodox scholars. It offers t only a critique of the dominant approach to ecomics, but also a positive and constructive alternative. Students interested in an explanation of the real world will find the heterodox approach t only satisfying, but ultimately better able to explain a money-using ecomy prone to periods of instability and crises. Key features of this textbook include: * A n-conventional understanding of ecomic analysis on a number of relevant topics * Deep and convincing criticism of orthodox thinking * Discussion of the crucial importance of money, banking and finance today * Analysis of the roots of the 2008 global financial crisis * A presentation of the features of sustainable development. Students of ecomics at all levels can use this textbook to deepen their understanding of the heterodox approach, the fundamental roots of the 2008 global financial crisis and the need to rethink ecomics afresh.
- Author BiographyEdited by Louis-Philippe Rochon, Full Professor of Economics, Laurentian University, Canada and Co-Editor, Review of Keynesian Economics and Sergio Rossi, Full Professor of Economics, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width244 mm
- Height169 mm
- Edited byLouis-Philippe Rochon,Sergio Rossi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.