All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReviewing macroscopic quantum phemena and quantum dissipation, from the phemelogy of magnetism and superconductivity to the presentation of alternative models for quantum dissipation, this book develops the basic material necessary to understand the quantum dynamics of macroscopic variables. Macroscopic quantum phemena are presented through several examples in magnetism and superconductivity, developed from general phemelogical approaches to each area. Dissipation naturally plays an important role in these phemena, and therefore semi-empirical models for quantum dissipation are introduced and applied to the study of a few important quantum mechanical effects. The book also discusses the relevance of macroscopic quantum phemena to the control of meso- or nascopic devices, particularly those with potential applications in quantum computation or quantum information. It is ideal for graduate students and researchers.
- Author BiographyA. O. Caldeira is a professor at the Instituto de Fisica 'Gleb Wataghin', the Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil. His main research interests are in condensed matter systems at low temperatures, in particular, quantum statistical dynamics of non-isolated systems and strongly correlated systems in low dimensionality.
- Author(s)A. O. Caldeira
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note58 b/w illus.
- Weight700 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.