All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGain insight into today's ever-emerging field of mechanical engineering as you develop an appreciation for how engineers design the hardware that builds and improves societies around the world. AN INTRODUCTION TO MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, 4E is an ideal resource during your first or second year of your mechanical engineering program. It's also a useful tool if you are pursuing a closely related field. The book balances timely treatments of technical problem-solving skills, design, engineering analysis, and modern techlogy to provide the solid mechanical engineering foundation you need for future success.
- Author BiographyA Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University, Dr. Jonathan Wickert teaches and conducts research in the areas of applied mechanics, dynamics, and mechanical vibration. As a researcher and consultant, he has worked with companies and federal agencies on a diverse range of engineering problems including computer disk drives and tape libraries, the manufacture of sheet metal, and various consumer products. Dr. Wickert received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. He has served as associate editor of engineering journals, as a division chair in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and as chair of the undergraduate mechanical engineering program at Carnegie Mellon University. Dr. Wickert has received awards in recognition of his teaching and research from the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American Society for Engineering Education, and the Information Storage Industry Consortium. He was also elected a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. A Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University at Buffalo -- SUNY, Dr. Kemper Lewis teaches and conducts research in the areas of mechanical design, system optimization, and decision modeling. As a researcher and consultant, he has worked with companies and federal agencies on a wide range of engineering design problems. Dr. Lewis received his B.S. in mechanical engineering and B.A. in mathematics from Duke University and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He has served as associate editor of the ASME Journal of Mechanical Design. He has also served on the ASME Design Automation Executive Committee and on the National Academies Panel on Benchmarking the Research Competitiveness of the United States in Mechanical Engineering. In addition, he has worked as the Executive Director of the New York State Center for Engineering Design and Industrial Innovation. Dr. Lewis has received awards in recognition of his teaching and research from the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American Society for Engineering Education, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and the National Science Foundation.
- Author(s)Jonathan Wickert,Kemper E. Lewis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight635 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement4th Student international edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.