Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a university lecturer with more than forty years experience in plasma techlogy, this book adopts a didactic approach in its coverage of the theory, engineering and applications of techlogical plasmas. The theory is developed in a unified way to enable brevity and clarity, providing readers with the necessary background to assess the factors that affect the behavior of plasmas under different operating conditions. The major part of the book is devoted to the applications of plasma techlogy and their accompanying engineering aspects, classified by the various pressure and density regimes at which plasmas can be produced. Two chapters on plasma power supplies round off the book. With its broad range of topics, from low to high pressure plasmas, from characterization to modeling, and from materials to components, this is suitable for advanced undergraduates, postgraduates and professionals in the field.
- Author BiographyJohn Ernest Harry has been involved with plasma research for more than fourty years. He has 120 scientific papers, three books and more than ten patents to his name. After a period in industry he joined Loughborough University, UK, as a Senior Lecturer for electrical engineering in 1972 and became Reader in Electric Discharges in 1985. In addition to his lectureships John Ernest Harry is Chief Executive of Plasma Systems Ltd, Kent, UK, and works with Loughborough University as a project consultant.
- Author(s)John Ernest Harry
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width179 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.