All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionClear and comprehensive, this volume is t only an informative guide for practitioners in the field of plastics, but also an indispensable aid for plastics engineers, polymer scientists, chemists, physicists and materials scientists. It presents a precise, n-mathematical introduction to plastics, their raw materials, syntheses, properties, and applications, discussing the manufacture and properties of plastics as a function of the molecular and supermolecular properties of polymers. This second edition does t dwell on general chemistry, but provides more in-depth coverage of properties as well as polymer blends, composites and reinforced plastics. It naturally also includes those new developments and trends that have occurred since the last edition. H.G. Elias, a former professor at MIT, is one of the most rewned specialists in the area of macromolecules, polymers and plastics.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Hans-Georg Elias was born in 1928. He studied at the Technical University of Hanover, Germany, and received his Ph.D. at the Technical University of Munich in 1957. After habilitation at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (Zurich) in 1961, he was appointed Senior Lecturer and later a professor of organic-chemical technology. In 1971, he became founding president of and professor of Polymer Science at the Michigan Molecular Institute (MMI) in Midland, Michigan. During these years, he also worked as consultant to the polymer industry in Germany, Switzerland, and the United States and expert witness to companies and the court. He was an in-house consultant at the Dow Chemical Co., Midland (MI) (1983/84) and independent consultant between 1985 and 1993. He continues to teach at MMI. Professor Elias has published more than 200 scientific and technical papers and two patents on the synthesis characterization, structure, properties, and application of synthetic and biological polymers. His ten authored or edited books have been published in English, French, German, and/or Russian, one of these, a 4-volume work, in six invitation in fifteen countries and was a member of editorial boards of five polymer journals.
- Author(s)Hans-Georg Elias
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication10/10/2003
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight922 g
- Width186 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.