All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive introduction to the powerful moment approach for solving global optimization problems (and some related problems) described by polymials (and even semi-algebraic functions). In particular, the author explains how to use relatively recent results from real algebraic geometry to provide a systematic numerical scheme for computing the optimal value and global minimizers. Indeed, among other things, powerful positivity certificates from real algebraic geometry allow one to define an appropriate hierarchy of semidefinite (SOS) relaxations or LP relaxations whose optimal values converge to the global minimum. Several extensions to related optimization problems are also described. Graduate students, engineers and researchers entering the field can use this book to understand, experiment with and master this new approach through the simple worked examples provided.
- Author BiographyJean Bernard Lasserre is Directeur de Recherche at the LAAS laboratory in Toulouse and a member of the Institute of Mathematics of Toulouse (IMT). In 2009 he received the Lagrange Prize, awarded jointly by the Mathematical Optimization Society (MOS) and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). He is the winner of the 2015 INFORMS Optimization Society Khachiyan Prize, awarded for life-time achievements in the area of optimization.
- Author(s)Jean-Bernard Lasserre
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus. 2 colour illus.
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.