All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive introduction to Quakerism which balances a history of the theology of the Quakers or Friends with an overview of present day practice. It charts the growth of the Quaker movement through the 1650s and 1660s, its different theological emphasis in the eighteenth century, and the schisms of the nineteenth century which resulted in the range of Quaker traditions found around the world today. The book focuses in particular on tions of 'endtime', 'spiritual intimacy', and what counts as 'the world' as key areas of theological change. The second half of the book uses extracts from Quaker texts to highlight differences in belief and approach between the different traditions and analyses their future prospects. The book is generously illustrated and includes numerous diagrams to help the reader. Undergraduate and graduate students will find this an essential introduction to the Quaker movement.
- Author BiographyPink Dandelion is Programme Leader, Centre for Postgraduate Quaker Studies at Woodbrooke Quaker Studies Centre and Honorary Professor in Quaker Studies at the University of Birmingham.
- Author(s)Dr. Pink Dandelion
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleIntroduction to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus.
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.