All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionEric D. Conway and the Maryland Space Grant Consortium present a fascinating introduction to the interpretation of satellite imagery, a techlogy of increasing importance for a wide variety of scientific applications. Prepared in association with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), this extensively illustrated text and accompanying CD-ROM offer a thorough overview of the use of satellite techlogy in Earth and planetary science, weather forecasting, and environmental research. The book covers the foundations of remote sensing, the types of satellites, and the basics of satellite image interpretation. Other topics include geographical, oceagraphical applications, and atmospheric science applications of satellite imagery. With a fully indexed glossary, this well-written and thoughtfully presented text is ideal for science teachers, undergraduate and graduate students, professionals working in the field of operational meteorology, and others interested in kwing more about interpreting satellite imagery. The accompanying CD-ROM of satellite images enables the user to zoom in on many images (some of which appear in color), use overlays to identify important elements in the satellite image, and keep a tes file. The program requires a Macintosh, Windows, or Windows 95 operating system.
- Author BiographyEric Conway teaches earth science in Carroll County, Maryland. The Maryland Space Grant Consortium aims to provide statewide and national leadership in aerospace science and engineering education research. It conducts programs, training activities, and conferences at institutions of higher learning throughout Maryland.
- Author(s)Eric D. Conway,Maryland Space Grant Consortium
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note211, 211 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.