All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a second edition, updated and expanded to explain the techlogies that help us find information on the web. Search engines and web navigation tools have become ubiquitous in our day to day use of the web as an information source, a tool for commercial transactions and a social computing tool. Moreover, through the mobile web we have access to the web's services when we are on the move. This book demystifies the tools that we use when interacting with the web, and gives the reader a detailed overview of where we are and where we are going in terms of search engine and web navigation techlogies.
- Author BiographyMark Levene, PhD, is Professor of Computer Science, head of the Computer Science and Information Systems Department, and a member of the Information Management and Web Technologies Group at Birkbeck, University of London. His main current research interests are Web search and navigation, Web mining, and Web interaction. Professor Levene is the coauthor of A Guided Tour of Relational Databases and Beyond and the coeditor of Web Dynamics.
- Author(s)Mark Levene
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight768 g
- Width158 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.