All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of this best-selling book confirms the ongoing centrality of feminist perspectives and research to the sociological enterprise, and introduces students to the wide range of feminist contributions in key areas of sociological concern. Completely revised, this edition includes: * new chapters on sexuality and the media * additional material on race and ethnicity, disability and the body * many new international and comparative examples * the influence of theories of globalization and post-colonial studies. In addition, the theoretical elements have also been fully rethought in light of recent developments in social theory. Written by three experienced teachers and examiners, this book gives students of sociology and women's studies an accessible overview of the feminist contribution to all the key areas of sociological concern.
- Author BiographyPamela Abbott is Director of the Centre for Equality and Diversity at Glasgow Caledonian University, UK. Claire Wallace is Professor of Sociology at the University of Aberdeen, UK. Melissa Tyler is a lecturer in Organisation Studies at Loughborough University, UK.
- Author(s)Claire Wallace,Melissa Tyler,Pamela Abbott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2005
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight796 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.