All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory textbook provides students with a fundamental understanding of the social, political, and ecomic institutions of six South Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. It adopts a broad theoretical framework and evaluates the opportunities and constraints facing South Asia's states within the context of democracy. Key features include: * An introduction to the region. * The history and political development of these South Asian states, including evaluations of their democratic trajectories. * The management of conflict, ecomic development, and extremist threats. * A comparative analysis of the states. * Projections concerning democracy taking into consideration the opportunities and constraints facing these countries. This textbook will be an indispensable teaching tool for courses on South Asia. It includes pedagogical features such as political chrologies, political party descriptions, text boxes, a glossary, and suggestions for further reading. Written in an accessible style and by experts on South Asian politics, it offers students of South Asian politics a valuable introduction to an exceedingly diverse region.
- Author BiographyNeil DeVotta is an Associate Professor of Political Science at Wake Forest University. His research interests include South Asian security and politics, ethnicity and nationalism, and democratic transition and consolidation. He is the author of Blowback: Linguistic Nationalism, Institutional Decay, and Ethnic Conflict in Sri Lanka (2004) and the editor of Understanding Contemporary India, Second Edition (2010).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byNeil DeVotta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.