Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata, Third Edition provides the foundation to understand various approaches for analyzing time-to-event data. It is not only a tutorial for learning survival analysis but also a valuable reference for using Stata to analyze survival data. Although the book assumes knowledge of statistical principles, simple probability, and basic Stata, it takes a practical, rather than mathematical, approach to the subject. This updated third edition highlights new features of Stata 11, including competing-risks analysis and the treatment of missing values via multiple imputation. Other additions include new diagnostic measures after Cox regression, Stata's new treatment of categorical variables and interactions, and a new syntax for obtaining prediction and diagnostics after Cox regression. After reading this book, you will understand the formulas and gain intuition about how various survival analysis estimators work and what information they exploit. You will also acquire deeper, more comprehensive knowledge of the syntax, features, and underpinnings of Stata's survival analysis routines.
- Author BiographyMario Cleves is a professor of pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and a senior biostatistician at the Arkansas Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention. William Gould is the president and head of development at StataCorp. Roberto Gutierrez is the director of statistics at StataCorp. Yulia Marchenko is a senior statistician at StataCorp. All are authors of Stata statistical software, in particular, Stata's widely used survival analysis suite.
- Author(s)Mario Cleves,Roberto Gutierrez,William Gould,Yulia Marchenko
- PublisherStata Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStata Press
- Out-of-print date11/05/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight890 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.