Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the reader to the basic concepts of the generation and manipulation of synchrotron light, its interaction with matter, and the application of synchrotron light in the classical techniques, while including some of the most modern techlogical developments. As much as possible, complicated mathematical derivations and formulas are avoided. A more heuristic approach is adopted, whereby the general physical reasoning behind the equations is highlighted. Key features: * A general introduction to synchrotron radiation and experimental techniques using synchrotron radiation * Contains many detailed worked examples from the literature * Of interest for a broad audience - synchrotrons are possibly one of the best examples of multidisciplinary research * Four-colour presentation throughout
- Author BiographyPhilip Willmott is a physicist with over 25 years' experience in diverse aspects of experimental physics and materials science. He was based at the Physical Chemistry Institute of Zurich University between 1995 and 2001, researching in surface science and teaching undergraduate courses in physical chemistry. He has been teaching elective courses in surface science, laser physics, and introductory courses in synchrotron physics and techniques since 2001 and has been a titular professor in the Physics Institute of Zurich University since 2009. He became the Beamline Manager at the Materials Science beamline of the Swiss Light Source at the Paul Scherrer Institut in 2007.
- Author(s)Philip Willmott
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notediagrams, figures
- Weight692 g
- Width168 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.