All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative guide provides a basis for understanding the emerging techlogy of ground source heating and cooling. It equips engineers, geologists, architects, planners and regulators with the fundamental skills needed to manipulate the ground's huge capacity to store, supply and receive heat, and to implement techlogies (such as heat pumps) to exploit that capacity for space heating and cooling. The author has geared the book towards understanding ground source heating and cooling from the ground side (the geological aspects), rather than solely the building aspects. He explains the science behind thermogeology and offers practical guidance on different design options. An Introduction to Thermogeology: ground source heating and cooling is aimed primarily at professionals whose skill areas impinge on the emerging techlogy of ground source heating and cooling. They will be aware of the importance of the techlogy and wish to rapidly acquire fundamental theoretical understanding and design skills. This second edition has been thoroughly updated and expanded to cover new technical developments and w includes end-of-chapter study questions to testthe reader'sunderstanding.
- Author BiographyDavid Banks is one of the Britain's leading hydrogeologists and has been instrumental in promoting ground source heating and cooling within the UK. He has over 26 years international experience from consultancy, the public sector, academia and commercial training. He runs his own business, Holymoor Consultancy Ltd., and has taught at the Universities of Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Most recently, he has been a trainer on the EU's Geotrainet programme.
- Author(s)David Banks
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1220 g
- Width191 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.