Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis unabridged republication of the 1980 text, an established classic in the field, is a resource for many important topics in elliptic equations and systems and is the first modern treatment of free boundary problems. Variational inequalities (equilibrium or evolution problems typically with convex constraints) are carefully explained in An Introduction to Variational Inequalities and Their Applications. They are shown to be extremely useful across a wide variety of subjects, ranging from linear programming to free boundary problems in partial differential equations. Exciting new areas like finance and phase transformations along with more historical ones like contact problems have begun to rely on variational inequalities, making this book a necessity once again.
- Author(s)David Kinderlehrer,Guido Stampacchia
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 31
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byRobert O'Malley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.