All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to the Foundation Phase provides a practical guide to understanding and implementing the Foundation Phase in any early years setting in Wales. The experienced author team discuss and reflect upon a play based approach to learning and the importance of collaboration between various members in any early years settings. Students are introduced to key topics including: key theories of influential thinkers within early years education, both past and present; international curricula and perspectives on play and how Welsh curriculum compares; effective classroom practice; observational techniques; methods of assessment and how to be a reflective practitioner. Through interviews with different stakeholders, including educational ministers, policy advisors, practitioners and parents, An Introduction to the Foundation Phase concludes by discussing the challenges and complexities of putting policy into practice and considers implications for the future of early years education. Making links between theory, policy and practice is vital for a future workforce and this core text provides a solid foundation for any student within early years. Illustrative case studies, activities, reflective tasks and suggestions for further reading are provided throughout. Online resources for lecturers and students are also included.
- Author BiographyAmanda Thomas is Senior Lecturer in Early Years Education at the University of South Wales, UK. She has ten years of experience as a primary school teacher. Amanda is currently researching children's schematic behaviours in the Foundation Phase for her PhD. Alyson Lewis is Senior Lecturer in Early Years Education at Bath Spa University, UK. She has ten years of experience of working as an early years teacher. Alyson is currently researching the concepts and practices of children's well-being in the early years curriculum for her PhD.
- Author(s)Alyson Lewis,Amanda Thomas
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note21 bw illus
- Weight423 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.