All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a major English-language introduction to the earliest manuscripts of the New Testament. An essential handbook for scholars and students, it provides a thorough grounding in the study and editing of the New Testament text combined with an emphasis on the dramatic current developments in the field. Covering ancient sources in Greek, Syriac, Latin and Coptic, it: * Describes the manuscripts and other ancient textual evidence, and the tools needed to study them * Deals with textual criticism and textual editing, describing modern approaches and techniques, with guidance on the use of editions * Introduces the witnesses and textual study of each of the main sections of the New Testament, discussing typical variants and their significance. A companion website with full-colour images provides generous amounts of illustrative material, bringing the subject alive for the reader.
- Author BiographyD. C. Parker is Edward Cadbury Professor of Theology in the Department of Theology and Religion, University of Birmingham. His publications include The Living Text of the Gospels (1997) and Codex Bezae: An Early Christian Manuscript and its Text (1992).
- Author(s)D. C. Parker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.