An Introduction to the New Testament by Charles B. Puskas, C. Michael Robbins (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $115.63+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSypsis: Studying the New Testament requires a determination to encounter this collection of writings on its own terms. This classic introduction by Charles B. Puskas, revised with C. Michael Robbins, provides helpful guidance. Since the publication of the first edition, which was in print for twenty years, a host of new and diverse cultural, historical, social-scientific, socio-rhetorical, narrative, textual, and contextual studies has been examined. Attentive also to the positive reviews of the first edition, the authors retain the original tripartite arrangement on 1) the world of the New Testament, 2) interpreting the New Testament, and 3) Jesus and early Christianity. This volume supplies readers with pertinent primary and secondary material. The new edition carries on a genuine effort to be nsectarian, and although it is more of a critical introduction than a general survey, it is recommended to midlevel college and seminary students and to anyone who wants to be better informed about the New Testament. Endorsement: This second edition of An Introduction to the New Testament by Puskas and Robbins is a literarily sensitive, historically oriented volume. It provides a framework to the New Testament that will help readers appreciate the complex world out of which the New Testament arose and gain an understanding of what is involved in the exegesis of New Testament texts today. I recommend this text for use in undergraduate and seminary classes that offer an academic approach to the New Testament. --Mark Reasoner Associate Professor of Theology Marian University Author Biographies: Charles B. Puskas has extensive experience in college and university teaching, religious publishing, and parish ministry. He is the author of The Conclusion of Luke-Acts (Pickwick Publications, 2009), The Letters of Paul (1993) and with David Crump, An Introduction to the Gospels and Acts (2008). C. Michael Robbins is an adjunct professor of religion and philosophy in the Haggard School of Theology at Azusa Pacific University. He is the author of The Testing of Jesus in Q (2007) and with Steven Johnson has helped revise James Allen Hewett's New Testament Greek, with CD-ROM (2009).
- Author(s)C. Michael Robbins,Charles B. Puskas
- PublisherWipf & Stock Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEugene
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWipf & Stock Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.