All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Testament Greek is a form of Koine Greek, the common language that evolved in the time of Alexander the Great from a welter of dialects of classical times. For more than ten centuries. Koine Greek was the everyday commercial and cultural language of the Mediterranean world. It is best-kwn, though, for being the language in which the New Testament was composed. Many Christians have the desire to read the New Testament in its original language. Unfortunately, books that introduce the student to New Testament Greek either tend to be long-winded, or overly simplified, or both. In this book, legendary scholar of biblical Greek, the late Frank Gignac provides a straight-forward just the facts approach to the subject. In fifteen lessons, he presents the basics of the grammar and the vocabulary essential for reading the Gospels in the original language. All the reader need do is to supply the desire to learn. As Gignac writes, Good luck as you begin to learn ather language! It may be sheer drudgery for a while, but the thrill will come when you begin to read the New Testament in the language in which it was written. This revised edition features a new preface from the author, a foreword from fellow classicist Frank Matera, and an answer guide to the problems presented in the exercises. The book thus can be used for selfstudyfor those who seek to learn the language of the early church.
- Author BiographyFrancis T. Gignac, SJ was the former chair of Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America. He was Chairman of the Board of Editors for the Revision of the New American Bible: New Testament; Member of the Board of Editors for the Revision of the New American Bible: Old Testament, and Chairman of the Board ofEditors for the Revision of the Lectionary.
- Author(s)Francis T. Gignac
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.