An Invitation to Personal Change by Kenneth Christian, Dianne Hales (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you recently assessed your behaviors in preparation for making a positive change? AN INVITATION TO PERSONAL CHANGE will teach you about personal change and serves as a curriculum for change, inviting you to take appropriate action in simple, compelling straightforward ways. Available in print and electronic form, the text contains three parts that are available together or separately.
- Author BiographyKenneth W. Christian, Ph.D., is the founder and director of the Maximum Potential Project, an innovative research-based program designed to conquer underachievement. His trade book, YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY: BREAKING THE HABITS OF ADULT UNDERACHIEVEMENT, which has been translated and published in Brazil, the People's Republic of China, Russia, Croatia, and Poland, is based on his experience and findings. As co-founder and director for 23 years of the highly regarded Lafayette Therapy Center in the San Francisco Bay Area, he conducted systems interventions, family therapy, and extensive group and individual therapy using solution-focused psycho-educational methods. Dr. Christian has held faculty positions at the University of California at Davis and Lone Mountain College in San Francisco, where he served for six years as director of the Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology. He has taught undergraduate courses in personality theory, social psychology, experimental psychology, and altered states of consciousness. He has extensive experience as a consultant in change management, leadership development, team-building, and performance optimization. Dianne Hales is one of the most widely published and honored health writers in the country. Her bestselling textbooks include AN INVITATION TO HEALTH, AN INVITATION TO WELLNESS, and AN INVITATION TO PERSONAL CHANGE. Her trade books include the award-winning compendium of mental health information CARING FOR THE MIND: THE COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO MENTAL HEALTH; THINK THIN, BE THIN (with Doris Helmering); JUST LIKE A WOMAN: HOW GENDER SCIENCE IS REDEFINING WHAT MAKES US FEMALE; THE MIND-MOOD PILL BOOK; INTENSIVE CARING: NEW HOPE FOR HIGH RISK PREGNANCY (with Dr. Timothy Johnson); HOW TO SLEEP LIKE A BABY; THE U.S. ARMY TOTAL FITNESS PROGRAM; NEW HOPE FOR PROBLEM PREGNANCIES; and THE COMPLETE BOOK OF SLEEP. The president of Italy named Hales a cavaliere dell'Ordine della Stella della Solidarieta Italiana (Knight of the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity) in recognition of her best-selling book LA BELLA LINGUA as an invaluable tool for promoting the Italian language. Her other writing awards include prizes from the American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, the National Women's Political Caucus, California Psychiatric Society, CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), Council for the Advancement of Scientific Education, and the New York City Public Library. Her latest general audience book is biography MONA LISA: A LIFE DISCOVERED.
- Author(s)Dianne Hales,Kenneth Christian
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2008
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight355 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.