All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new edition of the market-leading personal health text, Dianne Hales invites you to a future of healthy living by providing the information and tools they need to make healthy changes NOW. Delivering the most current and thorough coverage available, AN INVITATION TO HEALTH: Live it Now! integrates a comprehensive range of health concepts related to body, mind, and spirit with a wealth of applications for students' lives, including a new chapter on Consumer Health. Through MindTap, the text also includes a wealth of powerful learning tools to help you maximize your study efforts.
- Author BiographyDianne Hales is one of the most widely published and honored health writers in the country. Her bestselling textbooks include AN INVITATION TO HEALTH, AN INVITATION TO WELLNESS, and AN INVITATION TO PERSONAL CHANGE. Her trade books include the award-winning compendium of mental health information CARING FOR THE MIND: THE COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO MENTAL HEALTH; THINK THIN, BE THIN (with Doris Helmering); JUST LIKE A WOMAN: HOW GENDER SCIENCE IS REDEFINING WHAT MAKES US FEMALE; THE MIND-MOOD PILL BOOK; INTENSIVE CARING: NEW HOPE FOR HIGH RISK PREGNANCY (with Dr. Timothy Johnson); HOW TO SLEEP LIKE A BABY; THE U.S. ARMY TOTAL FITNESS PROGRAM; NEW HOPE FOR PROBLEM PREGNANCIES; and THE COMPLETE BOOK OF SLEEP. The president of Italy named Hales a cavaliere dell'Ordine della Stella della Solidariet? Italiana (Knight of the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity) in recognition of her bestselling book LA BELLA LINGUA as an invaluable tool for promoting the Italian language. Her other writing awards include prizes from the American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, the National Women's Political Caucus, California Psychiatric Society, CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), Council for the Advancement of Scientific Education, and the New York City Public Library. Her latest general audience book is the biography MONA LISA: A LIFE DISCOVERED.
- Author(s)Dianne Hales
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1330 g
- Width231 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementAdapted International ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.