Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionSHORTLISTED FOR THE 2017 STELLA PRIZE When 25-year-old Bella Michaels is brutally murdered in the small town of Strathdee, the community is stunned and a media storm descends. Unwillingly thrust into the eye of that storm is Bella's beloved older sister, Chris, a barmaid at the local pub, whose apparent easygoing nature conceals hard-won wisdom and the kind of street-smarts only experience can bring. As Chris is plunged into despair and searches for answers, reasons, explanation - anything - that could make even the smallest sense of Bella's death, her ex-husband, friends and neighbours do their best to support her. But as the days tick by with arrest, Chris's suspicion of those around her grows. An Isolated Incident is a psychological thriller about everyday violence, the media's obsession with pretty dead girls, the grip of grief and the myth of closure, and the difficulties of kwing the difference between a ghost and a memory, between a monster and a man. PRAISE FOR EMILY MAGUIRE At the heart of ...Emily Maguire's work lies an urgent need to pull away at the interconnecting threads of morality, society and human relationships. Sydney Morning Herald what you get, along with a sharp mind and a keenness to investigate cultural confusions, is an engaging ability to put the vitality of the story first. Weekend Australian
- Author BiographyEmily Maguire is the author of the novels Taming the Beast (2004), an international bestseller and finalist for the Dylan Thomas Prize and the Kathleen Mitchell Award, The Gospel According to Luke (2006), Smoke in the Room (2009) and Fishing for Tigers (2012). Emily enjoys a high-profile in Australia as a social commentator, with her articles and essays on sex, religion and culture having been published in newspapers and journals including The Sydney Morning Herald, The Financial Review, The Big Issue and The Griffith Review.
- PrizesLong-listed for Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Awards: Fiction 2017.
- Author(s)Emily Maguire
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPicador Australia
- Weight470 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.