All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the great achievements in the field of religious letters and literature of medieval Scandinavia was the appearance of Bible translations. The present study examines the origin and the sources of a West-Scandinavian translation of great parts of Genesis and Exodus from the first decades of the fourteenth century. It sheds light upon how the sources were drawn on and how scholastic theology may have influenced the work, and thus it offers new insights into the process of transmitting the Biblical message into European vernaculars.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Reidar Astas teaches religion at Eik College of Education, Tonsberg/Norway, and has been connected with this college for 30 years. He received his Doctorate of Philosophy (dr. philos.) in Scandinavian letters and literature from the University of Oslo. He also holds the degree of Cand. Theol. from The Free Faculty of Theology, Oslo, and a major degree in Norwegian from the University of Bergen, where he worked as an assistant to the late professor Ludvig Holm-Olsen. He has written books and articles on medieval literature as well as books for advanced studies in the field of religion.
- Author(s)Reidar Astas
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1992
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 7: Theology & Religion
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.