All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beloved Buddhist teacher and a psychologist specializing in Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT) provide practical methods for living a life filled with compassion. A life overflowing with compassion. It sounds wonderful in theory, but how do you do it? This guide provides practical methods to living with this wonderful quality, based on traditional Buddhist teachings and on methods from modern psychology--particularly a technique called Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT). The methods presented by the two authors--a psychotherapist and a Tibetan Buddhist nun--turn out to have a good deal in common. In fact, they complement each other in wonderful ways. Each of the 64 short chapters ends with a reflection or exercise for putting compassion into practice in various life situations.
- Author BiographyRUSSEL KOLTS, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist, a professor at Eastern Washington University, and the founder of the Inland Northwest Compassionate Mind Center. He regularly conducts trainings and workshops on Compassion-Focused Therapy. He is the author of The Compassionate Mind Approach to Managing Your Anger Using Compassion-Focused Therapy. THUBTEN CHODRON, an American-born Tibetan Buddhist nun, is the founder and abbess of Svastri Abbey in Newport, Washington. She teaches and leads retreats throughout the world. She is the author of numerous books, including Buddhism for Beginners ; Open Heart, Clear Mind ; and Don t Believe Everything You Think.
- Author(s)Bhikshuni Thubten Chodron,Russell Kolts
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width130 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byH H the Dalai Lama
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.