All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the latest work from Berlin and Toronto based conceptual artist An Te Liu. This publication documents the latest artist intervention commissioned by the Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art with new work by conceptual artist An Te Liu. Drawing inspiration from artefacts found in the museum's Ancient America's collection, Liu has created slip-cast sculptures transformed out of Styrofoam packing. These enigmatic works are poised between the material and immaterial, thing and -thing. While mo is Japanese for 'object', ma is a more elusive term referring to 'space' or 'gap', but one which is simultaneously aware of form and n-form. The accompanying essay places An Te Liu's work in contemporary art theory and practice. An Te Liu is a Canadian artist based in Toronto and Berlin. His work is included in the permanent collections of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Art Institute of Chicago and the Art Gallery of Ontario.
- Author(s)Michael Prokpow
- PublisherGardiner Museum
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGeorge R. Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.