All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionAfter two years in their barely comfortable stable in San Cascia, Marlena and Fernando de Blasi kw it's time to move on. They are looking for a home in which to set a sumptuous table and, in Orvieto, they find it. The town is kwn as La Divina, the Divine, for its abundance of treasures but it's the friendships Marlena and Fernando make that bring richness to their lives. They learn that Orvieto offers life in its most embraceable form: love, work, food and wine - these are the most important things. The third book in the trilogy of Marlena and Fernando's romance, which began with A Thousand Days in Venice and Tuscan Secrets, An Umbrian Love Story continues Marlena's passionate love affair with Fernando, with Italy, and with food, as she befriends the local aristocracy, the cooks and the artisan makers of mouth-watering breads, cheeses, wine and pastries as well as the shopkeepers, farmers and shepherds, each of whom brings a gift to the table and to the story. Each is part of the simple, sometimes chaotic, often celebratory daily life Marlena creates in Orvieto.
- Author BiographyMarlena de Blasi is the bestselling author of A Thousand Days in Venice and Tuscan Secreets. She has been a chef, a journalist, a food and wine consultant and a restaurant critic. She is also the author of two cookbooks of Italian food. She and her husband, Fernando, moved from Venice to San Casciano where Tuscan Secrets was written and now live in Orvieto, the setting for An Umbrian Love Story. Marlena and Fernando also run their own business leading small gastronomic tours through Tuscany and Umbria.
- Author(s)Marlena De Blasi
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight344 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.