All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Unquenchable Thirst is the story of Mary Johnson's twenty years as a Missionary of Charity working for Mother Teresa in service to the world's poor. It is a fascinating depiction of the daily struggle to live a life of religious service. At seventeen, Johnson experienced her calling when she saw a photo of Mother Teresa on the cover of Time magazine, and eighteen months later found herself in religious training in a South Bronx convent. Not without difficulty, this boisterous, independent-minded teenager eventually adapted to the sisters' austere life of poverty and devotion, but beneath the white-and-blue sari beat the heart of an ordinary young woman who faced the simple and profound struggles we all share each day, the same desires, for love and connection and meaning and identity. After 20 years, Johnson left the order and has since left the Church altogether. The story of this complicated, extraordinary woman will speak to atheists and Christians alike; to anyone who has ever grappled with the mysteries and wonders of faith.
- Author BiographyFor twenty years, as Sister Donata, Mary Johnson was a Missionary of Charity, a nun in Mother Teresa's order, until she left in 1997. A well-respected teacher and public speaker, she lives in New Hampshire, USA.
- Author(s)Mary Johnson
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication10/05/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.