All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Analects are a record of the deeds and wisdom of China's primary philosopher Confucius, who lived during the 5th century BC. Much like Socrates, whose wisdom was later recorded by Plato, Confucius' life and thoughts were studied and recorded by his disciples and passed on, and it continues to influence the moral and philosophical landscape of China, Korea, Japan and Vietnam today. The Analects represent a central body of philosophy that have been studied by every Chinese scholar for the last few millennia: for a man was t considered morally upright or enlightened if he did t study Confucius' works. To read them is to better understand the underpinnings of Eastern social, moral and philosophical thought. In the words of Confucius: To quietly persevere in storing up what is learned, to continue studying without respite, to instruct others without growing weary - is this t me?
- Date of Publication11/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.