All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyse linguistique de la langue francaise provides a complete examination of the French language, in French, at a level appropriate for n-native speakers and n-linguists. It introduces readers to linguistic analysis, using modern French as its target of study, and covering the linguistic subfields of phonetics, phology, morphology, syntax, and semantics. It provides self-check questions and could easily be used for self-learning by an individual or by students in a classroom setting. Analyse linguistique strives to present all concepts from the bottom up, assuming prior kwledge of linguistics, and includes a glossary of terms to aid n-linguists. It is these elements that distinguish it from other books in the field, which are often written for native speakers and are sometimes inaccessible to students of the language, or which assume a background in linguistics that t all readers have. In addition, the book includes exercises placed strategically throughout each chapter, which allow the reader to verify his/her comprehension of each concept before moving on to the next topic.
- Author BiographyTheresa Antes is assistant professor of French and linguistics at the University of Florida, in Gainesville, Florida. She holds a joint appointment in the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures and the Program in Linguistics, and serves as the director of the first-year French program.
- Author(s)Theresa A. Antes
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- LanguageEnglish & French
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.