All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe application of natechlogy in different consumer products has delivered new products with highly desirable properties, but at same time has opened a new window for a wide group of emerging contaminants and a new type of human exposure which needs to be assessed. Most of the current human toxicological information on namaterials comes from na-sized particles in air, and their effects via inhalation. Other routes of human exposure, such as water and food, and the effects on human health and the environment have been less studied. It is the recent research in these areas that is highlighted here in one of the first books covering the analysis and ecotoxicological evaluation of namaterials in food and the environment, with both matrices being of considerable interest. In addition to providing a global summary of recent research, this book shows how widely used chromatographic and spectroscopic methods can be added to the analytical arsenal of microscopic techniques that have commonly been used to characterize namaterials.
- Author BiographyProf. dr. Barcelo Damia, Director of the Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA) and Professor at the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA), Barcelona, Spain. His expertise is in water quality assessment and management, fate, risk and removal of emerging contaminants in wastewater treatment plants and analysis, fate and risk of emerging contaminants and nanomaterials in the aquatic environment. He published over 900 papers, 200 book chapters and has h index 91. He was a coordinator of several national and EU projects and at the moment he coordinates two EU projects: GLOBAQUA , on multiple stressors in the aquatic environment and SEA-on-a-CHIP, on the development of sensor technolgies for emerging contamaints in marine aquaculture. He is CoEditor in Chief of the journal Science of Total Environment and the book series Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry, both form Elsevier..
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- Series TitleComprehensive Analytical Chemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number59
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight750 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDamia Barcelo,Marinella Farre
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.