All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, control systems have become more sophisticated in order to meet increased performance and safety requirements for modern techlogical systems. Engineers are becoming more aware that conventional feedback control design for a complex system may result in unsatisfactory performance, or even instability, in the event of malfunctions in actuators, sensors or other system components. In order to circumvent such weaknesses, new approaches to control system design have emerged which can tolerate component malfunctions while maintaining acceptable stability and performance. These types of control systems are often kwn as fault-tolerant control systems (FTCS). More precisely, FTCS are control systems which possess the ability to accommodate component failure automatically. Analysis and Synthesis of Fault-Tolerant Control Systems comprehensively covers the analysis and synthesis methods of fault tolerant control systems. It unifies the methods for developing controllers and filters for a wide class of dynamical systems and reports on the recent technical advances in design methodologies. MATLAB(R) is used throughout the book, to demonstrate methods of analysis and design. Key features: Provides advanced theoretical methods and typical practical applications Provides access to a spectrum of control design methods applied to industrial systems Includes case studies and illustrative examples Contains end-of-chapter problems Analysis and Synthesis of Fault-Tolerant Control Systems is a comprehensive reference for researchers and practitioners working in this area, and is also a valuable source of information for graduates and senior undergraduates in control, mechanical, aerospace, electrical and mechatronics engineering departments.
- Author BiographyMagdiSadek Mahmoud obtained Ph. D. in systems engineering from Cairo University, 1974. He has been a professor of engineering since 1984. He is now a Distinguished University Professor at KFUPM, Saudi Arabia. He worked at different universities world-wide including Egypt, Kuwait, UAE, UK, USA, Singapore and Australia.He lectured in Venezuela, Germany, UK, USA, Canada and China. He has been actively engaged in teaching and research in the development of modern methodologies to distributed control and filtering, switched time-delay systems, fault-tolerant systems and information technology. He is the principal author of thirty (30) books, inclusive book-chapters and the author/co-author of more than 500 peer-reviewed papers. He is the recipient of two national, one regional and four university prizes for outstanding research in engineering. He is a fellow of the IEE, a senior member of the IEEE, the CEI (UK), and a registered consultant engineer of information engineering and systems (Egypt). Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/se/msmahmoud/ Dr. Yuanqing Xia received his M.S. degree in Fundamental Mathematics from Anhui University, China, in 1998 and his Ph.D. Degree in Control Theory and Control Engineering from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China, in 2001. From 1991-1995, he was with Tongcheng Middle-School, Anhui, China, where he worked as a teacher. During January 2002-November 2003, he was a postdoctoral research associate in the Institute of Systems Science, Academy of Mathematics and System Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, where he worked on navigation, guidance and control. From November 2003 to February 2004, he was with the National University of Singapore as a research fellow, where he worked on variable structure control. From February 2004 to February 2006, he was with the University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, U.K., as a Research Fellow, where he worked on networked control systems. From February 2007 to June 2008, he was a Guest Professor with Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria, where he worked on biomedical signal processing. Since July 2004, he has been with the Department of Automatic Control, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, first as an Associate Professor, then, since 2008, as a Professor and in 2012. He has published five monographs in Springer and more than 100 papers in journals. He was appointed as Xu Teli distinguished professor in Beijing Institute of Technology and obtained National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars of China. He was obtained Second Award of Beijing Municipal Science and Technology (No.1) in 2010 , Second National Award for Science and Technology (No.2) in 2011, and second natural science award of The Ministry of Education in 2012. He is an editor in deputy of Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology, associate editor of Acta Automatica Sinica, International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control.
- Author(s)Magdi S. Mahmoud,Yuanqing Xia
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight882 g
- Width176 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.