All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurvival Analysis for Bivariate Truncated Data provides readers with a comprehensive review on the existing works on survival analysis for truncated data, mainly focusing on the estimation of univariate and bivariate survival function. The most distinguishing feature of survival data is kwn as censoring, which occurs when the survival time can only be exactly observed within certain time intervals. A second feature is truncation, which is often deliberate and usually due to selection bias in the study design. Truncation presents itself in different ways. For example, left truncation, which is often due to a so-called late entry bias, occurs when individuals enter a study at a certain age and are followed from this delayed entry time. Right truncation arises when only individuals who experienced the event of interest before a certain time point can be observed. Analyzing truncated survival data without considering the potential selection bias may lead to seriously biased estimates of the time to event of interest and the impact of risk factors.
- Author BiographyHongsheng Dai is a Lecturer in Statistics at the University of Essex, UK Huan Wang is a Statistician and Epidemiologist, at the Dundee Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit, Population Health Sciences, at the University of Dundee, UK. He received his BSc in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, from the Harbin Institute of Technology, P.R China. He received his MSc in Applied Statistics from Lancaster University, U.K and completed his PhD in Mathematic Sciences at the University of Brighton, UK.
- Author(s)Hongsheng Dai,Wang Huan
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.