All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAnalysis of Cosmetic Products advises the reader from an analytical chemistry perspective on the choice of suitable analytical methods for production monitoring and quality control of cosmetic products. In the format of an easy-to-understand compendium of published literature on the subject, this book will enable people working in the cosmetic industry or in research laboratories to: * become familiar with the main legislative and analytical literature on this subject and * learn about and choose suitable analytical procedures for production monitoring and control of cosmetic products, according to their composition. The first section of Analysis of Cosmetic Products covers various definitions and concepts relating to cosmetic products, current legislation in different countries and specific legislation on ingredients. The central body of the book addresses analytical methods for monitoring and quality control of cosmetic products with the fundamental objective being to enable reader's access to scientific reviews carried out by experts in analytical chemistry. The final section contains a small review of the alternative methods to using animals for cosmetic product evaluation.
- Author BiographyAmparo Salvador is a Professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry and heads the Research Group for the Analytical Control of Cosmetic Products at the University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain. She has authored more than 170 scientific publications and is an expert in a number of analytical technologies, including atomic and molecular spectroscopy, flow injection techniques, chromatography, sample preparation methods, and green analytical procedures. Alberto Chisvert is an Associate Professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry at the University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain. Prof. Chisvert is the lead research supervisor within the Research Group for the Analytical Control of Cosmetic Products. His primary areas of interest are liquid and gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry, liquid-phase and solid phase microextraction techniques, bioanalysis, and cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and environmental analysis. With co-author Amparo Salvador, he has written more than 70 publications specifically related to the analysis of cosmetic products and has conducted four major research projects for the Spanish Ministry of Science. He is a member of a committee for the standardization of analytical methods for cosmetic products which provides advisory recommendations to the Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification, the National Association of Perfumes and Cosmetics (Spain), the European Committee of Standardization, and the International Organization for Standardization.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1070 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAlberto Chisvert,Amparo Salvador
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.