Analysis of Irregular Shaped Structures Diaphragms and Shear Walls by Robert W. Rice, R. Terry Malone (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $161.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Complete Guide to Solving Lateral Load Path Problems The Analysis of Irregular Shaped Structures: Diaphragms and Shear Walls explains how to calculate the forces to be transferred across multiple discontinuities and reflect the design requirements on construction documents. Step-by-step examples offer progressive coverage, from basic to very advanced illustrations of load paths in complicated structures. The book is based on the 2009 International Building Code, ASCE/SEI 7-05, the 2005 Edition of the National Design Specification for Wood Construction, and the 2008 Edition of the Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (SDPWS-08). COVERAGE INCLUDES: Code sections and analysis Diaphragm basics Diaphragms with end horizontal offsets Diaphragms with intermediate offsets Diaphragms with openings Open front and cantilever diaphragms Diaphragms with vertical offsets Complex diaphragms with combined openings and offsets Standard shear walls Shear walls with openings Discontius shear walls Horizontally offset shear walls The portal frame Rigid moment-resisting frame walls--the frame method of analysis
- Author BiographyR. Terry Malone, P.E., S.E., performs third-party structural plan reviews and presents structural-related seminars at state and local International Code Council (ICC) chapters. He was a practicing structural engineer in Tacoma, Washington for 17 years, after which he became a principal in consulting structural engineering firms in Washington and Oregon from 1985 to 2004. Mr. Malone is currently licensed as Professional Engineer in Washington, Oregon, and Arizona. Robert W. Rice, CBO, is Building Safety Director for Josephine County, Oregon. He holds eleven Oregon/ICC certifications, including ICC Certified Building Official and has served as a Building Safety Director since 2007. Mr. Rice is on the Board of Directors of Oregon Building Officials Association, Chair of the Codes Committee, and was the 2010 Building Official of the Year.
- Author(s)R. Terry Malone,Robert W. Rice
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1122 g
- Width195 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.