All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionData analysis is important from two points of view: first, it enables a large mass of information to be reduced to a reasonable compass, and second, it assists in the interpretation of experimental results against some framework of theory. The purpose of this text is to provide a practical introduction to numerical methods of data analysis which have applica- tion in the field of experimental chemical kinetics. Recognizing that kinetic data have many features in common with data derived from other sources, I have considered it appropriate to discuss a selection of general methods of data analysis in the early chapters of the text. It is the author's experience that an outline of these methods is t always easy to locate in summary form, and that their usefulness is often t sufficiently appreciated. Inclusion of these methods in the early chapters has been aimed at simplifying discussion in the later chapters which are more particularly concerned with kinetic systems. By the provision of a number of worked examples and problems, it is hoped that the reader will develop a feeling for the range of methods available and for their relative merits. Throughout the text, the mathematical treatment has been kept relatively simple, lengthy proofs being avoided. I have preferred to indicate the 'sense' and usefulness of the various methods rather than to justify them on strict mathematical grounds.
- Author(s)E.S. Swinbourne
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- Series TitleStudies in Modern Chemistry (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight215 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1971
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.