Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAnalysis of Neurogenic Disordered Discourse Production provides a comprehensive review and discussion of aphasia and its related disorders, their corresponding clinical discourse symptoms that speech-language pathologists and related healthcare professionals should address, and the different methods of discourse elicitation that are research- and clinically-oriented. Contemporary issues related to disordered/clinical discourse production are covered, and discussions of various treatment options in relation to discourse symptoms are included. Finally, the manifestation of discourse symptoms as a function of speakers' bilingual/multilingual status and specific considerations related to clinical assessment and intervention are explored. Readers who want to learn the background and techniques of discourse analysis, refresh their kwledge of discourse production, update their kwledge of assessment and treatment of discourse production, and learn about contemporary issues of discourse antation and analysis using existing computer software will find this book a valuable tool. With its comprehensive coverage, it offers a thorough understanding of the nature, assessment, and remediation of discourse deficits in aphasia and related disorders. Readers will also benefit from examples throughout the book that connect theory to real-life contexts of discourse production.
- Author BiographyAnthony Pak Hin Kong is a world-renowned scholar in the areas of Chinese aphasia, discourse analyses, and neurogenic communication disorders in multilingual speakers. Apart from giving about 100 presentations at professional meetings, he has published two clinical handbooks and over 60 peer-reviewed publications.
- Author(s)Anthony Pak Hin Kong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note44 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.